Colossians 3:1-4, 12-17, 22-25
What do you hope for?_________________________________________
What or who is your hope in?___________________________________
Read Col. 3:1-4
If you want real hope, set your affections on Jesus!
Psalm 27:4 – 4 I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord
and seeking Him in His temple.
Hebrews 11: 13 These all died in faith without having received the promises, but they saw them from a distance, greeted them, and confessed that they were foreigners and temporary residents on the earth. 14 Now those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. 15 If they were thinking about where they came from, they would have had an opportunity to return. 16 But they now desire a better place—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
Matthew Henry gave some thoughts on this!
- It is absurd to set our affections on things in the world, because our hope is not tied up things of this world.
- We live in Christ, John 14:19, our hope is not in this world. 1 Peter 1:8
- Our hope will be perfected in the return of Christ!
- Christ is a believer’s life. (Gal. 2:20)
- The heavens hide him now, He will be revealed in His Father’s glory (Mark 8:38)
- He will glorify His saints (2 Thess. 1:10) our treasure and our hope is where Jesus is.
Verse 17 – What are we to do in the name of the Lord? _______________________